What Is A Magnetic Fuel Filter
What are magnetic fuel filters, and why should anyone bother about them? Industries in petrochemical, oil, chemical, and liquid processing do much liquid processing, especially fuel.
And they need to be sure that what they produce out there is free of impurities and of the best qualities ever. This is due to the number of competitions they have so they can stay ahead and provide more value.
One way to ensure that what they produce is of the best quality is by using magnetic fuel filters. What are they, and how do they work?
Let's find out!
How Does A Magnetic Fuel Filter Work?
A magnetic fuel filter is a tool that helps remove iron particles from the fuel. Sometimes, people refer to a magnetic fuel filter as a magnetic trap as it traps impurities in the fuel, so it is in the best state possible for usage.
Also, it removes ferrous solids and particles from fuel by trapping them as it passes through the fuel. Magnet manufacturers make this filtration tool from neodymium magnets, and it removes particles from fuel that may impede an equipment's performance.
Therefore, this tool is helpful for companies in the petrochemical, oil, chemical, and liquid processing industries and companies that use pieces of equipment a lot. This will help preserve the lifespan of their equipment, so they don't have to spend much on repairs or affect their product quality.
The magnetic fuel filter helps to reduce magnet contamination, improve production efficiency, and allow free fuel flow in machines. Also, they are very different from and more efficient than basic barrier filters.
Differences between Barrier Filtration and Magnetic Fuel Filter
Barrier filtrations and magnetic fuel filters are different in the following ways:
- Barrier filtrations have tiny holes/openings that capture some particles that can't pass through while the fuel flows through. As a result, particles smaller than the hole or opening can go through, thereby contaminating the fluid. But, on the other hand, magnetic fuel filters capture all particles making the fuel free from any form of impurities.
- A barrier filtration cannot be recycled, so you have to throw it away once it's full of dirt. However, with magnetic fuel filters, you can remove the magnet when it has captured a lot of dirt, remove them and recycle the magnet so you can keep using them.
- With barrier filtration, the filter can get clogged, causing a lot of pressure and maybe bursting. However, magnetic fuel filters don't get clogged and can keep working without pressure, binding or bursting.
Features of A Magnetic Fuel Filter
So, what makes magnetic fuel filters so special? The following are their features:
- They have a high flow capacity.
- They require low maintenance.
- They can be easily cleaned.
- They have stainless steel construction.
- You can easily install them.
Magnetic Fuel filters are somewhat necessary for lubricants, oil, petrochemical, and other liquid processing industries. They help to ensure seamless and efficient workflow.
Also, they capture ferrous particles and other particles from impeding production and workflow. More importantly, they are a better choice than barrier filtration.
So, this article discussed what magnetic fuel filters are, their features and compared them to barrier filtration.
Summary: Magnetic fuel filters or barrier filtrations? Learn what magnetic fuel filters are and why you need them!